Search all Posts

Website Pages

Blog Categories

Festivals

Friends of GH

Archives

General Organics

Our new line is launching soon, and this week I will be sharing profiles of each product, as well as information about organic methods and regulations. I also hope to any questions you might have. I want to start today with the backbone of the line, BioThrive Grow and BioThrive Bloom. These products have been created by the same team that brought FloraNova to the market. In fact, our head of research and development, has a strong background in sustainable agriculture, and this line is just the beginning of his vision of pure organic hydroponics.

The General Organics line is a total departure from the conventional rules of hydroponics. Right out of the bottle the products can be mixed and hand watered on plants growing in soil, or soilless media. However, keeping these nutes in a reservoir is much more technical. During this upcoming release, Jessica Lilga and I will be putting together tons of information and recommendations so that the experienced grower can achieve success.

BioThrive Grow-
BioThrive Grow is pure, natural nutrition for plants grown in soil or soilless mediums. Its vegan formula facilitates lush vegative growth and vigourous root development. It provides necessary organic elements needed for plant growth and strength in the vegetative stage.

BioThrive Bloom-
BioThrive Bloom is formulated to provide blooming plants with essential elements needed for superior blooms and harvests. The vegan formulation is pure and natural from organic sources. BioThrive Bloompromotes massive flowers and fruit and also encourages microbial activity in the growing media. It is ideal for both potting soil and soilless growing.

Comments

Comment from Ragnar
Time June 22, 2009 at 11:19 am

This is becoming an interesting week for sure, thanks for sharing the news!

Comment from W L
Time June 23, 2009 at 3:43 am

this product will be a perfect addition to the GH lineup.

Comment from Brandon
Time June 23, 2009 at 4:28 am

As an ebb and flow coco grower I’m excited to see if this new line might be of use to me! Looking forward to more information.

Comment from Pro Gardening Systems
Time July 28, 2009 at 8:59 am

We are so excited about this. Finally the masters of nutrients have taken on organic solutions. Floranova has been one of our best sellers for years, and performs incredibly, I can’t wait to see how this new line works!

Comment from Anthony
Time August 10, 2009 at 9:06 am

do any of the products have any organic certification of any kind?

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time August 11, 2009 at 8:59 am

No, but thanks for asking. And here’s an article explaining the decision making process, and why they are not:

Comment from Jack Bauer
Time December 4, 2009 at 1:35 pm

I am looking forward to trying your General Organics line of products. Are you going to offer any promotions?

Comment from Erich Maelzer
Time December 13, 2009 at 12:05 pm

I am growing brandywine tomatoes in your coco growers and I’m having serious problems. The plants are stunted and fried. All my other systems are working fine. I can’t find ANY info on these new growers? They look really cool, but so far not impressed. What am I doing wrong?

Comment from dominic giorango
Time February 15, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I am currently using botanicares pro grow and bloom along with a few of their supplements. I thought my results were pretty good until my friend told me if I switched to your organic nutrients I would have have bigger better results. If it is possible I was looking for a few samples to try on a small part of my grow this year, and if I get the results I’ve been hearing about, I will be switching over all of my tomato and pepper plants general organics.

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time February 17, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Call us! If you pay shipping and handling, we will hook you up!

Comment from bodhisattva
Time February 26, 2010 at 11:46 am

I see your NAME is General Organics, but is your vegan grow and bloom nutrients actually organic?

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time March 1, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Thanks for asking bodhi! All we can say is what the government will let us say. Beyond that, it’s totally a matter of perspective. I personally believe that many products on the market that are “certified organic” are the furthest thing from true organics. And with General Organics, the regulators will only allow us to call them “organic based.” Every state has their own set of rules, and their own label requirements. We are forced to comply with the most strict. I’ve written a lengthy post explaining the details. I hope that you find it helpful. Click here to read about the GO registration compliance.

What I can tell you, is that General Organics is the highest quality, most sustainably produced, and truly simple program for your garden. The new line promotes micro-organisms, builds healthy soils, and in turn gives your plant the best organic nutrition available.

Please let us know how it works for you! Cheers!

Comment from Josh Inman
Time March 16, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I have heard some rumors that this line does not do well in re-circulating hydroponic systems with rockwool or hydroton. Is this true? And if so, what are some ways to use hydroponic techniques with this line?

Comment from Wendal Grant
Time March 29, 2010 at 7:55 pm

i see that the feed schedule for the G.O. line does not mention flushing or leaching during the final weeks of bloom. it only says to go with straight water for the final week.

is the actual flushing step required or is the final leach sufficent?

Comment from jumbo nolan
Time April 29, 2010 at 1:40 pm

We had a friend suggest that we use your products of Bio-Thrive &Bio-Weed samples/or donations

Dear Sirs,

The fledgling financially struggling non-profit the ‘Green Peace Corps’ organization for sustainable food & environment needs heirloom and other seed donations to help us out in planting our fruits, vegetables, native trees & plants in the Central Colorado banana belt area southwest of Colorado Springs starting right now on our first of hopefully many organic farms in the Penrose, Florence and Canon City areas. We came here w/ little but our love of organic food and just a few personal things & tools needed to farm. Any soil donations or other anti- fungicide donations will be greatly appreciated as we are already in the red and our available credit is getting thinner.If you have any banners or articles of clothing we would proudly display on/or around our property…would be awesome!

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Thomas f Thirion

GPC president

***************

“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.”

~Robert Louis Stevenson
tom thirion-
1202 S St. Penrose,Co 81240 greenpeacecorps@gmail.com
jumbo and tom…unlimited cell…623-206-4095 oldtownicon@gmail.com

charlie’s cell…if all else fails…712-249-2059
agraorganic@yahoo.com

Comment from doug
Time May 8, 2010 at 4:13 pm

I was wondering if this line will work well in re-circulating hydroponic systems with rockwool or hydroton as I would like to switch to organics

Comment from Manny
Time May 11, 2010 at 5:35 am

This is my son’s first year at hydroponics gardening. With your product he is having fantastic results and is excited as he can be! He has put together a Blog with a growth log of his plants. Can’t wait to have my on results! Check his out at:

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time May 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm

DUDE. That is an amazing garden! I love the results he’s getting with the BioThrive. It’s not an easy task to run organics in a drip system, and he is rocking it! I’m so impressed, and want to spotlight his blog here. So great, thanks tons for sharing!

Comment from sam
Time June 2, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Its too good to be true I find a system that works with my soil then can’t get it in oregon cause the cetification hasn’t gone through so I’m stuck with the old system

Comment from rolondo smith
Time July 17, 2010 at 10:51 am

I heard you guys were offering samples of your GO line. My buddy said i had to pay shipping, no problem. I would love to try your product and give you feedback. thanks

Comment from Peace Is Coming For You
Time August 17, 2010 at 10:38 am

Looks like a great product, exceptfor one very important aspect: The website, sample box and rep all represent the Biothrive line as “entirely vegan” – containing “no animal-derived ingredients”. However the Biomarine product is made of pressed fish! How do you reconcile these things? Are you confused about the definition of “vegan” or the classification of fish? Fish are animals. Also, “entirely vegan except for…” is a contradiction in terms. Logically, something cannot be entirely one thing if it is not entirely that thing. (The sky is entirely clear, except for those clouds) It’s just bad wording. Please stop killing fish, or remove the vegan claims from the product and accompanying info. Thank you. How this could have made it past marketing is beyond us…

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time August 20, 2010 at 3:02 pm

I read the statement on your website. It’s bold and passionate and much of it resonates with me, especially the part that says, “…try to find ways to replace unsustainable paradigms with emergent, sustainable solutions.” I am not vegan, but I agree that producing meat for human consumption is a major drain on the globe’s natural resources. That’s why I advocate farming with hydroponics to help end world hunger. I bookmarked your blog because I want to continue checking out your resources for creating change.

As for General Organics, and BioThrive and our labeling: BioThrive Grow, Bloom and CalMG+ combine into a formula that is complete vegan nutrition for plants. They are the backbone of the GO line, and they are 100% animal free. BioMarine is clearly not. It is a strictly optional supplement. Throughout the planet’s entire agrarian history, fish protein has been known to provide essential elements to plants. BioMarine is produced with ingredients that are sourced from the waste stream that otherwise would have become a source of pollution. Its presence in the General Organic line does not affect the fact that the BioThrive products are vegan, and General Hydroponics stands by BioMarine as an excellent product.

Comment from Mustafa KUTLU
Time November 11, 2010 at 3:00 am

Hello,
I’m agriculture engineer. I have got two agriculture company in Turkey. Our subjects are seeds and fertilizers. I saw your products at net, I will want to try your product. I will wait your answer.
See you again, thanks…

Comment from ya boi
Time November 20, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I need help very badly! I have started using all Gen. Organics products for my vegging. I am going to be out of the country for 3 weeks, i’ve heard that the organic fertilizers will ferment and i won’t be able to change my resevoir for the time i will be abroad. What should I do?

Comment from Jason
Time November 20, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I read on the General Hydroponics blog that they were giving away free sample boxes of General Organics products. Can I please be involved. My address is 1871 Echo Park Ave. Los Angeles CA 90026. You guys are doing something special.. Thanks You can send it c.o.d to cover the shipping I hope that will work?

Comment from Kenny C
Time November 21, 2010 at 8:06 am

I was wanting to know who I had to contact to get a sample of this stuff, I am currently growing an organic garden using all of Botanicare’s line and I heard about the GO line and I was wanting to try it before I invest a lot of money into it.

Comment from Diego
Time November 23, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Can general organics CaMG be used in hydroponics or just soil/soil less mix

Comment from Rich
Time November 23, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Hi Tiger, I’ve heard good things about your new line. I’m in the process of going as organic or as organic as possible. Like everyone else I would really like to try the new line and provide feedback. Thank you.
Rich

Comment from Kenny C
Time December 13, 2010 at 5:56 pm

They must be busy I asked them a month ago for samples without a response. I am not going to spend any money on this line until I am for sure it will work, so until I either receive a sample pack or get enough positive feedback I will just stick with my Botanicare line up!!!

Comment from lawrence williams
Time December 23, 2010 at 9:36 pm

like everybody else i would to try some samples of this product.if you have any could you send some at 3235 west 116th cleveland,ohio 44111 thanks

Comment from Bud Savage
Time January 17, 2011 at 10:03 am

have been using another Product with less than satisfactory results. switched to GO and my plants are loving it!!!!!! the other line my plants would yellow within the first two weeks of flower, not with GO. Plants are lush green, with fantastic flower formation. The proof will be in the flavor. in two weeks i will reply with a complete review!

Comment from strobezz
Time January 28, 2011 at 8:57 am

Hi,

can I use General Organics Bio Root , CaMg+ in a hydroponic system (waterfarms with hydroton as medium and Reverse Osmosis water (<3ppm))

Comment from strobezz
Time January 28, 2011 at 9:02 am

reply to the comment from Kenny C
Time December 13, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Personally, I contact the GH sale rep of my region (east coast Canada) and they send me samples even with a t-shirt very very fast. I HAVE WAYWAY more customer service with GH than botanicaire witch can’t even send samples in canada. I no longer use any botanicare products for that reason

just ask for the sale rep of you region and they will be happy to help you

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time February 1, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Hey Strobezz! You totally can! But your pH is likely to wander all over the place. Keep me posted on your results!

Comment from Jay
Time February 10, 2011 at 9:15 am

Would love to try out your samples, and get away from advanced :(
Please email me I will gladly pay for shipping to try out this new line.
Thanks
J

Comment from ryan
Time February 10, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I was told by the manager of a hydro shop that General Organics is only 70% organic at best and that roots organics is the only 100% organic line. Is this true? Or is he a salesman.

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time February 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Hey Ryan! I can’t speak to Roots, but I can tell you that GO is organic, and that the regulators are very specific about what we can claim. I think that you will find this post I wrote about the registration of General Organics to be helpful: http://www.generalhydroponics.com/blog/2009/07/08/what-does-it-do-learn-about-the-registration-of-general-organics/

Comment from Jay
Time April 4, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Please give me some uses for your black diamond.
Do I just use it for a per planting soil drench?
Also never herd back about you sample kits you were sending out.
Would love to really try your fish one :)

Comment from PennyWize
Time April 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Hello,
Use Diamond Black with every watering and feeding at a rate of 5mls/gallon. We offer a starter kit for $25 + shipping (UPS ground) which includes 16oz bottles of the BioThrive Grow and BioThrive Bloom and 8oz bottles of all six supplements. If you just want to try the Bio Marine, I will send you an 8oz bottle if you are willing to pay the shipping. If you would like to do that, give us a call and we will take care of you.
Thanks,

Comment from Beth
Time July 17, 2011 at 7:02 pm

can I use General Organics CaMg+ in a recirculating hydroponic system with rockwool? I’m using the GH standard nutrient line at the moment and when I added the CaMg+ to my reservoir it went bad in three days. Could this be my water? I’m currently not filtering so I’m sure this chlorine in system.

Comment from ViridisVixen
Time July 19, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Hi Beth,

Great question! No, the GO CaMg+ is not recommended for recirculating hydroponic systems. It’s better used in soil. It needs to be broken down by microbes in the soil before the elements are available to the plant. If you add CaMg+ to a hydroponic system, the raw ingredients that it contains sit in a reservoir and become a regular breeding ground for microbes; they begin to ferment within 24 – 48 hours. I’m not surprised that you had issues. However, our new CaliMagic is recommended for hydroponics and should be available in stores within the next few weeks- stay tuned to the blog for more details. Let us know if you have more questions!

Pennywize and ViridisVixen

Comment from Pendragon
Time August 29, 2011 at 6:46 am

Hello I have used silica in my grows in the past. I am now switching over to General Organics, can I use silica with GO. Or will it kill the microbes.

RO water
Coco and perlite 70/30 ish mix.
Hand water till 20 % run off.

Comment from PennyWize
Time August 29, 2011 at 10:02 am

Hi Pendragon, Yes, you can use silica with the G.O. Silica is a natural trace element and does not harm soil microbes. Thanks for the question!

Comment from Pendragon
Time August 30, 2011 at 7:58 am

PennyWize

Thx for the prompt response.

Comment from Pendragon
Time September 1, 2011 at 7:16 am

You have an GH feeding schedule (Nutrient Calculator) App, will you or do you have a GO App

Comment from humboldtr
Time September 2, 2011 at 5:25 pm

ph is way low like 4 and it burned my plants just my 2 cents

Comment from ViridisVixen
Time September 8, 2011 at 10:24 am

Hi there. We will not likely have a GO app, sorry to say. The reason we have the nutrient calculator for the Flora and Flora Nova is that it can be somewhat tailored to the growers needs, based on reservoir size, various methods (drain to waste or recirculating), aggressive or normal feedings, etc. The GO is so straight forward and easy to use that a calculator is not really needed.

Comment from AlexCanada
Time November 26, 2011 at 10:07 am

I was given a sample pack of G.O at my local Hydro store.
I have two horticultural diplomas and 10 years experience with organic culture.
So far I have had excellent results with the BioRoot, Black Diamond, and BioWeed products.
However the CalMg sample that I received smells like it has already fermented and gave no benefit to my plants.
As for the base nutrients, I had VERY mixed results. My basil crop did fine for a few weeks and then the pH of the soil mix became toxic acidic.
Other crops including mint, thyme and celeriac showed massive deficiencies, and I could not find a way to balance them out with the G.O. line.
This is not to put them down, I intend to continue experimenting.
Are there any suggestions that might provide some answers to these issues?

I am aware that microbial activity is key with ‘organic’ nutrients. I use a combination of Mycorrhizae and Trichoderma that are readily available at my local store. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Comment from Chikipollo1
Time November 28, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I used the GO pack that comes with the 8oz additives and the 16oz base nutrients.. i never used a product that gives me more healthy plants then this.. i have used advanced nutrients and they always end up burning my plants, GO on the other hand gives me real fuzzy roots and great green leaves with texture .. i love this product .. the only downside is getting the PH under control but once u get the hang of it its magic..

Comment from hydromonkee
Time November 29, 2011 at 2:53 pm

First off, the CaMg+ does have a slight fermented smell, this does not mean the product has gone bad, as I’m sure you are aware, organic products are often far more odoriferous than their mineral based counterparts. As to the effect on your plants, CaMg+ is primarily meant to treat Calcium deficiencies which can be prevalent in coco based systems, or when reverse osmosis water is used. If your plant is not deficient, you are not likely to see a noticeable benefit to the plants.

Second, it’s tough to comment on your results with the BioThrive base nutrients without some more information. When you say there was a toxic acidity, was this something you noticed from a pH meter? Or from signs of plant damage? With the GO products in soil, pH can drift a bit naturally, without harmful results although a meter might give scary numbers, if the plant seems unaffected it shouldn’t be a problem. As for the other plants that had deficiencies, were you giving them just the base BioThrive? Or were you giving them a mixture of products based on our feed chart?

Lastly, you are correct that microbiology is a huge component of organic nutrients such as GO. Without know which particular products you are using it’s hard to tell if you are getting the right mix. Personally, I would recommend a broad spectrum product like our organic Ancient Forest, which as a microbe rich Alaskan humus, or our SubCulture M and B. CFU counts, and specific bacteria strains can have a significant effect on how much benefit you are getting from your microbiology.

Comment from MileHighGuy
Time January 17, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Hello All.

I’m Absolutely loving the entire General Organics line-up and wanted to share my results.

I’m growing in coco with a little bit of earth worm castings and perlite. Both Chunky Coco and the Coir.

I feed per the Feeding chart with the addition of twice the Cal/Mag for the coco and some extra nutrients occasionally depending on the type of plant.

I also feed once per week with a Home Brewed Compost Tea.

My tea Recipe:

Cup or so of EWC, Cup or so of ANCIENT FOREST in a Paint strainer bag tied in a knot in a 5 gallon bucket with 2 airstones in the bottom and 2 in the paint strainer tea bag.

I mix the water with Hi-Brix Molasses and brew for about 12-24 hours before pulling the tea-bag and brewing for another 24 hours.

I’ve been considering using the Floralicious + for my next purchase instead of molasses to see how it goes, but I’m reluctant.

Thanks!!!

Comment from pennywize
Time January 17, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Very nice! Floralicious Plus would be an excellent addition to compost tea. However, I would still use the molasses because Floralicious Plus doesn’t have a huge amount of carbohydrates in it. It will add vitamins and amino acids to the tea.

Comment from MileHighGuy
Time January 18, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Good to know! Thank you.

Comment from MileHighGuy
Time January 22, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Just got a bottle of Floralicious Plus from my local shop. I’m excited to use the product and I’ll report the results.

It looks like there is some seaweed in it already So I’ll just use this and the Molasses to make my next tea with EWC and Ancient Forest. I’ll let you know how it brews!!!

Comment from hydromonkee
Time January 23, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Sounds like you’re on the right track for sure. Keep us posted!

Comment from hydrorganic
Time February 13, 2012 at 2:51 am

hello, i have been playing around with the GO line in a recirculating hydroponic set-up. I did have issues with the res. going foul. i figured this had to do with not using sub culture m or b or possibly the molasses in the cal mag. so i stopped using the GO line to let everything recoup-orate and have not yet strickly used the GO w/ the sub culture to see if it was that. i also figured if i didnt use the cal mg i would have issues and i can afford to test that as well but from what i have read here it seems like the cal mg might be the culprit? i am really pushing to use organic nutrients in hydroponics especially using GO. oh and i am also using ro water because of having high ppm well water specfically calcium carbonate w/ a ph of 7.8 and its hard to bring down and always gives me issues unless i use the ro. maybe if i use the well water and not the cal mg? i dont know. trying my best here! can someone help? thank you!

Comment from pennywize
Time February 15, 2012 at 3:57 pm

The General Organics line is not intended for hydroponics. It ferments in the reservoir and does not provide enough mineral nutrition for plants being grown in pure water culture. The addition of beneficial bacteria will help digest the raw organic ingredients but it is still an uphill battle. We do not recommend it.

Pingback from Using General Organics line and looking for Advice!
Time February 27, 2012 at 6:10 pm

[...] I have thought about going with co2 but is that considered organic? Not only Organic but Vegan: http://www.generalhydroponics.com/bl…eral-organics/ If you don't know where you are how are you going to get there? Reply With [...]

Comment from Bill in Central FL
Time February 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I container garden and want to get away from the commercial chemical fertilizers and go organic. I want to use an organic product … so I went to the local hydro store. They talked me into the buying GO BOX. I was embrassed to admit what I didnt know – so took my GO BOX home. Now … not sure what to do with all that cool stuff! Ive got Jasmine, Lemon Grass, Sweet Almond, Basil, Lipstick, Pasion Flower, Stevia, Bee Balm, Ginger, Galanga, Hibiscus, Alyssum .. some other stuff Im forgetting. I used to feed with Miracle Grow … how do I use the the new stuff in my GO BOX? What general rules should I go by?

Comment from pHTestKitten
Time March 1, 2012 at 11:37 am

There should be a ‘feed chart’ on the side of your box that will give you some guidelines as to how much and when to use the different products. The GO feed chart is also online.

You can use all of the GO product together according to the application rates on the feed chart. Apply them once a week and use the Bio Marine and Diamond black at a rate of 10 ml/gallon as well.

If you still have specific questions after taking a look at the feed chart, please let us know!

Comment from Matt
Time March 4, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Hi, I am very new to all of this. I am doing some self watering containers and some drain to waste. Using 70% coir 20% vermiculite and 10% perlite. Will this product work well in that mix or is it intended for soil? Currently using flora series, but like the idea of not having to mess with the PH if I use GO. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comment from hydromonkee
Time March 6, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Yes, General Organics will work great in that mix. You should use both SubCulture products as well to maximize your results.

Comment from Bruce
Time April 11, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Has anyone used the FloraNectar line instead of just plain sugar? Using Coco coir, GO Grow Box, Extereme Flower LED 180w 3w LEDSs

Comment from pHTestKitten
Time April 12, 2012 at 3:21 pm

FloraNectar is a great replacement for plain sugar, it has cane sugar, molasses, and malt sugar so that it provides a much more complete carbohydrate and sweetener formula than sugar alone, it is also processed to be more available to plants.

Comment from not you
Time July 5, 2012 at 4:11 pm

when is the best time to cut clones ? before flowering time? before harvest?

Comment from not you
Time July 5, 2012 at 4:16 pm

What do the numbers on bottom of nutes mean? example: 4 3 3 , 2 4 4?

Comment from hydromonkee
Time July 9, 2012 at 8:23 am

That is the NPK rating, N for Nitrogen, P for Phosphorus, and K for Potassium. For more information, check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPK.

Comment from pennywize
Time July 9, 2012 at 9:46 am

It is best not to take cuttings from plants that are flowering. Ideally you want a mother plant that is dedicated entirely to producing stock for cuttings. However, if you do not have a mother plant, you should take cuttings from the lower growth of the plant that would be pruned off prior to entering the “transition” stage just before flowering.

Pingback from Tomato Spectacular « The Ethitarian
Time July 9, 2012 at 9:36 pm

[...] that are supposed to do well in containers.  Finally, I’m trying a new type of fertilizer, Vganics.  How is it working so far?  Check out my plants at the end of May.  And here they are now: [...]

Comment from Plaifol
Time July 30, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I’ve been using General Organics for 3 crops and have been having some problems. The plants look great up until week 2-3 of flower at which point the leaves start turning pale starting at the top and working down. I’m growing in soil with 20% worm castings and have been using RO water.

I’ve tried increasing the bloom food with no change, increased the Cal/Mag and tried just adding just Mag but nothing seems to help.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment from pennywize
Time July 31, 2012 at 11:43 am

Hello,
It is probably because your ph in the root zone is getting too low. If you are not flushing well in between feedings then this can happen. I would get a soil ph test kit or probe and see what the ph is at the root zone. Try adding some oyster shell lime to the top of your soil and scratching it in. This will raise the ph slowly and steadily. Or, when you water in between feedings, use tap water and not RO water. In fact, if you stop using RO water all together, this problem may go away. People like RO water for hydroponics because you know exactly what you are putting in there. This RO vs. tap water has caused a lot of trouble in the organic growing world. People are implementing various techniques from hydroponics into organic soil gardens. An organic farmer would laugh at you if he heard you were using RO water for your organic garden.

Comment from Fitz Joyette
Time October 13, 2012 at 7:29 am

Do i need to do a two week flush before harvest using the GO Line?

Comment from hugh
Time October 14, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I bought and used the go box with a short cycle plant. used with amended soil hand watered with spectacular results. aside from the problems I caused with over watering. fungus gnats and compaction. my question is why would reverse osmosis water be no good or actually cause problems in an organic garden I was under the impression that the cleaner everything a outf the water better the microbial activity in the soil. I’m planning on using the go box again but in Cocoa this time should I not use RO ?even though the calmag is used every feeding am I missing something? should I use tap water which is loaded with dissolved solids?

Comment from Carissa
Time October 24, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Hi i was hoping that I could get you to send me some different samples you have of the nutrients. I have been growing for 4 years now and go through alotttttttttttt of nutrients. I am currently trying to find out which ones I like the best and where I would like to direct my business. If you are willing to send some out it would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment from hydromonkee
Time October 26, 2012 at 2:47 pm

No, there is no need to flush for two weeks when using the GO line. The flushing is to get rid of salts and there is not a significant amount of salts in the GO line.

Comment from hydromonkee
Time October 26, 2012 at 2:56 pm

The advantage to using tap water with the Organics is that the ph is higher and the G.O. is acidic. RO water is better for hydroponics because it is clean and you know exactly what is in it because you are putting everything in it. As long as your tap water doesn’t contain a lot of chloramine, go ahead and use it. RO filters also wastes tons on water.

Comment from hydromonkee
Time October 26, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Hello,
As much as I would like to send you a bunch of free samples, I am afraid the sheer volume of sample requests we get makes it impossible. This is why we have come out with our G.O. Starter Box (General Organics line) and our Flora Series Performance pack. The G.O. Box comes with 16oz. bottles of Bio Thrive Grow and Bloom and 8oz. bottles of all six supplements. The Performance pack comes with 16oz. bottles of our classic 3 part Flora Series and several of our additives and a ph indicator. They are each $30.00 + UPS ground shipping. They are also available in retail stores for a slightly higher price. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment from ambiguosgr0
Time April 7, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Is there a rough estimate on the shelf-life after opened, if properly stored?

Comment from pennywize
Time April 8, 2013 at 1:34 pm

6 – 12 months.

Comment from Anthony
Time May 21, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Why would using RO water be bad? Tap water in most places and especially big cities contains large amounts of chlorine which nukes beneficial bacteria/fungi…I have used the GO line and feed every feeding mixing in a small bacterial tea every couple waters. The key to organics is providing a steady buffet of raw materials for bacteria to breakdown into available nutrients. The question I have is, can I feed double dosage in flower to increase yield or am I just wasting money?

Write a comment

Hot Topics

Community Festivals floraseries Flowers Food general hydroponics generalhydroponics general organics Greenhouse growing hydro hydroponics information nutrients Organics plants products Systems veggies video