Search all Posts

Website Pages

Blog Categories

Festivals

Friends of GH

Archives

AzaMax, What does it do?

With indoor growing becoming more and more popular every day, pests are taking over gardens more than ever before. In fact, most indoor growers in my area are reporting pests in their crops. It used to be just spidermites that took over. Now fungus gnats and thrips are gaining ground here as well. Pests can really be a big problem. Using toxic pesticides that are harmful, and some that are even illegal, is not the answer. While every grower agrees that it is vital to control these bugs for the benefit of all, there are also precious insects and micro organisms that we must protect. AzaMax is harmless to honeybees, earthworms, and soil microflora. It was in response to the concerns of pollution and toxicity that General Hydroponics added AzaMax to their product line.

AzaMax is a highly effective pest control method designed to decimate pest populations. It is made from completely organic active ingredients, specifically one, potent, bio-compound found in Neem oil. AzaMax contains Azadirachtin A&B and more than 100 limonoids.

• It does not use  hard chemical solvents and fully uses food grade formulation ingredients.
  • AzaMax is the only  smell-free product  and does not freeze during cold weather.
  • AzaMax does not require any surfactants or sticking agents.
  • AzaMax is OMRI listed and licensed in all 50 states.
  • AzaMax is so safe and free of residue it can be applied on the day of harvest

AzaMax targets spidermites, thrips, fungus gnats, aphids, whiteflies and many other airborne and soil borne pests. AzaMax is an antifeedant and insect growth regulator and it controls pests through starvation and growth disruption. It also is a good systemic product that plants can easily uptake through roots for efficient control of sucking, mining and leaf eating pests, a rare feature among biological or biochemical pesticides.

At the first sight of pests, use  AzaMax as a foliar spray or combine the spray with systemic applications per the labels directions.  Adjust the rate of AzaMax and the frequency of spray intervals to the intensity of the infestation and the density of your canopy. With the tempratures in my room, spider mites can hatch every three days. So if I get infested spraying happens every other day for 1 week. I really can’t say enough good things about this product, but I want to repeat my favorite thing about AzaMax: It’s is OMRI listed and licensed in all 50 states.

Comments

Comment from Red Icculus
Time January 21, 2009 at 3:35 pm

I just designed a trough drip system for coco and got a simultaneous infestation of thrips and fungus gnats. Straight up neem oil is a pain to mix and apply, so this sounds right up my alley.

Pingback from Red-Icculus.com › Azamax For Pests In The Garden
Time April 21, 2009 at 4:34 am

[...] something different.  General Hydroponics just put out a new organic pesticide called Azamax.  Azamax is an insecticide, miticide, and nematocide for controlling insects in the [...]

Comment from Lady Green
Time June 16, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Is this good for powder mildew prevention like neem oil?

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time June 16, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Yes! It’s perfect for prevention!

Comment from TomB
Time September 1, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Red Icculus recommended this to me to try on my spider mite problem. The fact it works for fungus gnats is a bonus as my garden tends to be a breading ground for them.

Comment from Fungus Nats
Time August 7, 2010 at 5:10 am

How can I get rid of fungus nats in rockwool?

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time August 7, 2010 at 9:26 am

Try doing a root drench with the AzaMax. Mix it with water, then pour it right on the rockwool. Give it to them every other day for a week. One thing to watch out for though is over watering. Rockwool gets really wet and stays really wet. The best thing to do next time is root your cuttings in Rapid Rooters. They are much less likely to get the fungus gnats than cuttings in rockwool. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Comment from bc
Time October 29, 2010 at 3:18 pm

hey where can i get this stuff in bc canada?!

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time November 3, 2010 at 11:21 am

Hey, thanks for asking about AzaMax in Canada! It’s not registered there yet, but perhaps one day!

Comment from medicalblazer420
Time November 30, 2010 at 7:24 pm

azamax works great for spider mites i was battling those f***ers for a while with neem oil and went to local hydro shop and tried this product and used it for 1 and a half weeks and got rid of the spider mites and now i use this product weekly to keep them gone A+ product forever

Comment from tom
Time December 9, 2010 at 6:53 pm

hi there is this product available in the UK.

Comment from Alan
Time February 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I used to inoculate rooted cuttings that I later discovered came from a spider mite infested source. It did nothing to kill the mites. I sprayed the mother plants every 4 days for 2 weeks. Less than a month later I found webs on my leaves and a full blown infestation in my garden.

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time February 3, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Hey Alan, I am so bummed to hear that you had a turn with bad mites. Do you think there’s any chance the mites could have been re-introduced? Many mites have very rapid life cycles and can easily grow, lay eggs and web up in the blink of an eye. Especially in normal indoor garden temp ranges.

Comment from Gerry
Time February 11, 2011 at 9:04 am

Do plants treated with AzaMax need to be rinsed off a day or two later as to not plug up stomatas under leaves?

Comment from Tiger Lilly
Time February 11, 2011 at 11:15 am

Nope! It needs no rinsing!

Comment from Toby
Time April 4, 2011 at 10:18 am

I have a deep-water culture system that operates app. 30-50 gallons water in a 9-bucket and controller system. Am I able to “dose” my system? What is the dissolution rate? I am dealing with spider mites. I try to avoid spray bottles around my Mylar. Thanx

Comment from Mainiac
Time April 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm

When is the best time to apply? Just before the lights go out? I noticed a white ish residue on tops of leaves next day, after spraying bottoms of leaves … Should I be washing down tops of leaves next day? How long into fruiting / flowering can this product be safely used without harming plants?

Comment from PennyWize
Time April 21, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Hi there Mainiac,
The best time to apply any foliar spray is shortly after the lights go out or an hour before they come on. The white residue is normal and should be rinsed off about 12 – 24 hours after the plant has been sprayed. I wouldn’t spray anything on developed flowers. Apply it to the root zone instead once flowers are somewhat developed. For fruiting plants, go ahead and apply it right up to the day of harvest but make sure to wash the produce well before eating it. It is non toxic to humans but it can cause mild irritation if inhaled, ingested or absorbed through the skin.
Thanks,

Comment from PennyWize
Time April 22, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Hello,
Use 15mls/gallon and do not mix it with fertilizer. Ph your water down to 5.5 and mix the Azamax, then let it run through the system for an hour or two. Then drain your system and refill with fresh nutrient solution and repeat after 5 – 7 days. You should see a difference within a few days but you have to keep on them or sometimes they come back.
Thanks,

Comment from nevada grow
Time April 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

whats the ratio for spraying in bloom? and how often should azamax be used?

Comment from PennyWize
Time April 25, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Hello,
If you are past the fourth week of bloom, I would not spray Azamax on the flowers. Just do a root drench at 10 – 15 mls/gallon once every 5 – 7 days. Do not mix with nutrient, ph adjusted water only. Ph your water to 5.5, add the Azamax and apply.
Thanks,

Comment from Novice
Time May 12, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Can this product be used effectively on outdoor flowers?

Comment from PennyWize
Time May 27, 2011 at 8:33 am

Hello,
Absolutely. Just make sure you apply it down wind and wear a mask as it can be an irritant to the respiratory system. You can also apply it to the roots at 15ml/gallon and it will work systemically so the new growth will be treated with the azadirachtin. Apply it every five to seven days for three weeks and your pest problem should go away for good.
Thanks,

Comment from Stan
Time June 23, 2011 at 10:55 pm

i have spider mite infestation…What mixture and how often should I use Aza-Max to stomp the critters out…3rd week in veg…

Comment from ViridisVixen
Time June 28, 2011 at 10:37 am

During infestation, we recommend 15-25 mls per gallon of Azamax to rid pest populations. You can use this as a systemic (blended up and added to a recirculating system) or foliar spray.

Comment from Greg
Time July 13, 2011 at 6:46 pm

After reading these posts and hearing the solutions I have a few questions. I have a hydro setup and Im using rockwool. I have ran into fungus gnats on and off and would like to know if this can be used regularly to keep them from coming back. How would you use this product, can it be used with nutrients? How often? I change my water every 2 weeks and use RO water so changing it more often can be a real pain.

Comment from PennyWize
Time July 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hi Greg,

Azamax is not the best cure for fungus gnats. I have heard of some people having good results but others that it did not help at all. Fungus gnats do not feed on plant tissue although the fungus gnat larvae do feed on plant roots. Adults feed on fungus in the growing medium. The best defense against them is to let your rock wool dry out a bit before irrigating again. The top of the cube should be dry to the touch before watering again. If you want to try the Azamax to see if it helps, try using 15mls/gal as a root drench and do not mix it with nutrient. Just add it to ph adjusted water (6 or below) and run it through the system several times over an 8 hour period. Then drain the system and add fresh nutrient solution. Repeat every five to seven days until the problem subsides. If they are not gone after three applications (3 weeks), then the product is most likely not going to be effective. Good luck!

Comment from Carol
Time August 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Will this work to kill folilar nematodes on my hosta plants?

Comment from PennyWize
Time August 22, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Hi Carol. Thanks for the question. Well, foliar nematodes are a fairly new pest and according to everything I have read, there is no known way of controlling them. The best advice I can give would be to prune off all damaged leaves and apply the Azamax at 1oz per gallon. Hosta plants are deciduous, so in the fall once the leaves die off, so will the nematodes. Then next season, I would apply the Azamax as soon as the hostas start to emerge. Good luck!

Comment from paul
Time August 29, 2011 at 9:29 pm

azamax has worked pretty well for me so far ive gotten a few baby spidermites back but they do everything slow while the plant still grows..hydro shop guy said this stuff does slow them down the plants growth though.. my advice is to use a lot of azamax if you already have a bad infestation.. if its just a couple mites on a couple leaves just spray the area and see what happens.. if you don’t have time to experiment, just spray the whole plant and soil drench as well. i like to use this product at smaller dosages but more frequently then general hydro recommends..I’m using this as a preventative and all the way through.. I’ve had this stuff on my skin and honestly i think shampoo probably burns more then this does.. just my opinion<..I like this product and trust it.. the key is applying often.. don’t try and pinch to many pennies putting it on light. i know that’s what i wanna do cause it is kinda expensive but just hit those plants and let them be mite free.. btw. if any of you have heavily spidermite infested flowers or anything gross just throw those plants away and start over.. mites leave eggs everywhere

Comment from joe
Time September 10, 2011 at 5:08 pm

worked during veg now 3 weeks in bloom and they are on the plant i used most during veg, probly still in the room from months ago and hatched now that temps are back up my question is ,would it be ok to also mix this aza with neem oil for foliar ap , and how long should i wait to wash off the leaves after an aplication of azamax and can i soil drench with azamax during bloom ? ps this product was the only thing that did work during veg

Comment from PennyWize
Time September 12, 2011 at 10:18 am

Hi Joe,
Yes, you can mix it with Neem oil if you want but I don’t see the benefit. You don’t need to wash the leaves at all with Azamax. The product breaks down within 24 hours and becomes completely inert. You can do a root drench application during bloom at a rate of 15mls/gallon. Although, the root drench is really only effective on soil born or dwelling insects. It will not effectively control insects living in the canopy of the plant.

Comment from Dot Melnick
Time October 6, 2011 at 11:04 am

I have sprayed my plants with Azamax 18 days ago, and noticed today some powdery mildew just starting on some of my leaves. Can I use Safer Defender which is a sulfur product to get rid of mildew? and can I use my sulfur burner?

Comment from tmpa_grwr
Time October 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I see that azamax impairs spider mites by slowing down their life cycle and causing them to think they’re still young during their adult cycle, causing them not to lay eggs. Would you recommend using it with other products such as liquid ladybug, which suffocates adults, to better help the effectiveness used in eradicating a spider mite infestation? Both products are organic, can be used up til harvest and both derived from oils which evaporate within 24hrs. Thanks

Comment from PennyWize
Time October 12, 2011 at 11:18 am

Hi Dot. It is best to wait at least several days either before or after applying sulfur. Do not use them simultaneously and do not apply Azamax while using a sulfur burner. Thanks for the question. Good luck!

Comment from PennyWize
Time October 12, 2011 at 11:19 am

Yes, you can use other “contact killer” pesticides with Azamax. I would think twice before using Liquid Ladybug though. It has a very lemony odor and might affect the flavor of the produce. That is just a guess though. Thanks for the question!

Comment from tmpa_grwr
Time October 12, 2011 at 11:31 am

Thanks a lot penny. I’ve been using azamax for quite some time now, almost done with second bottle. I find myself only having to use it once every 2 weeks at low strength. I’ve been using it with a spreader sticker, coco wet and found it holds up a little better. If I use these 2 things in conjunction with each other, do I need to wash the foliage later? Will I have problems down the road with clogging up the stomatas? Thanks for your time!

Comment from PennyWize
Time October 14, 2011 at 10:14 am

No, the stomata will not get clogged unless you are over using the product which it sounds as though they are not. Any oil based product will clog the plants stomata if applied too often. This is why we only recommend using Azamax every 5 – 7 days. Thanks!

Comment from dirt farmer
Time January 4, 2012 at 12:07 pm

i am an indoor dirt farmer and if azamax is all organic why does one comment from penny wise say use up to day of harvest, then in another they say do not use into 4 week of flowering? They also said no need to rinse of azamax then contradict themselves later stating rinse 12 to 24 hrs after treatment?? So wich is true and wich isn’t for both of these contradictions??? I have azamax and ready to use to rid my crops of spidermites but need solid info!!! Little devils are going to ruin my crops!!!

Comment from pHTestKitten
Time January 5, 2012 at 4:19 pm

These contradictions both deal with the method of application and mode of action of AzaMax. AzaMax is a systemic product, as such you are feeding it to the plant, either by foliar application or through the roots. There are benefits to both methods of application and they can be used in conjunction.

If you are applying AzaMax as a root drench or watering it into the soil you can indeed use it up to the day of harvest, and do not need to rinse it out. However these circumstances will rarely arise because ideally you have been feeding AzaMax regularly, and there is enough in the plant to ride out the last couple of weeks.

If you are using AzaMax as a foliar application, you would want to discontinue use during bloom, as you would with all foliar sprays, to prevent the build up of residues and to avoid moisture densities that can lead to mold and mildew issues. You would also want to rinse the leaves, as the rinsing of the plant leaves after 12 to 24 hours is simply to prevent the leaf stomata from getting clogged by the inert oils that are the carrier’s of the active ingredient.

The mode of action of AzaMax is unique, the bugs are affected by it when they attempt to eat your plants, not as much when it is sprayed directly on them, keep in mind that you are feeding AzaMax to your plant to make your plant an inhospitable environment to bugs.

Personally, I recommend a combination of foliar and systemic applications when first using AzaMax, and continued systemic use throughout the life of the plant to maintain levels. The combined applications will help deal with any lingering pest problems, and the continued use will prevent any resurgence of the problem!

Comment from charlie
Time January 7, 2012 at 9:26 am

if u mix up a few gal. of h2o with azamax 4 submerging plants into can it be saved 4 renewal or will it break down 4 no more good use ?? thanks//

Comment from hydromonkee
Time January 9, 2012 at 10:54 am

Azamax breaks down once it is mixed with water within 8 hours so you must use it right away.

Comment from Shanna
Time January 12, 2012 at 9:21 pm

At what rate would you mix azamax for dipping newly rooted clones? Will it kill mites if they are already present on the clones?

Comment from pennywize
Time January 13, 2012 at 12:22 pm

15 ml/gal. Azamax is not a contact killer, but it will interrupt the breeding cycle of spider mites and they will not reproduce.

Comment from robyn
Time January 18, 2012 at 10:24 pm

When you say that you should not use azamax while using a sulphur burner, does this mean at the time of application, or should you not use the burner at all after applying azamax ? I use a sulphur burner to control powdery mildew and i also have spider mites. Can I still use my sulphur burner sometime after applying the azamax ?

Comment from hydromonkee
Time January 19, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Yes, you can use your sulfur burner 48 hours after you apply AzaMax.

Comment from jojo
Time January 22, 2012 at 11:04 am

I used azamax at day 14 into bloom. Fruit sites were just developing. I know this is a systemic product. I was wondering how long does it take for azamax to fully break down with no residuals left in the plant?

Comment from hydromonkee
Time January 23, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Hi Jojo,

Did you apply the Azamax as a root drench or as a foliar spray? Azamax is safe as a root drench up to the day of harvest, it is an organic product with no harmful compounds and will not negatively effect the flavor or quality of your crops. As a foliar spray you would want to be more careful as moisture and residues can affect a plant in late flower, the active ingredient itself is not harmful, but you really don’t want to be spraying anything late into flower and one of the unique benefits of Azamax is continued protection without spraying. That said, it takes about 30 days for Azamax to fully break down and no longer offer protection against pests.

Comment from Kerry
Time February 25, 2012 at 10:26 am

i am ready to harvest and noticed mites so aprayed with the azamax is it still ok to harvest?

Comment from pHTestKitten
Time February 27, 2012 at 11:38 am

How close to harvest did you spray? Azamax is safe up to the day of harvest as a systemic root drench. As a foliar, while it is a safe organic compound, there is likely to be residue on the plants of you are too close to harvest. Azamax is also not considered a ‘knock down’ product, it takes time to be fully effective and it’s mode of action is not direct contact with bugs, it needs to be ingested. When you are within a week or two of harvest there really isn’t anything you can safely do to kill the bugs, you are better off trying to remove them by hand with a vacuum or brush, and paying closer attention next time so that you notice them before it’s too late for effective controls. Azamax is highly effective as a preventative, in the future if you regularly treat your plants with Azamax, there won’t be any bugs to worry about at this stage!

Comment from jc
Time March 15, 2012 at 9:19 pm

can you plz give both the dunk ratio and foliar ratio per gallon of RO water?? should we PH the foliar water to below 6 and then add the AZA??

Comment from pennywize
Time March 16, 2012 at 8:32 am

Yes, you should ph the water to between 5.5 – 6 before mixing the Azamax. There are various ratios depending on the severity of your infestation. For a mild “dunk” ratio, go with 15ml/gal. You can go as high as 30ml/gal if the problem is severe. For a foliar spray, use 10 – 15ml/gal.

Comment from JASON
Time March 16, 2012 at 8:56 am

Hello, Will Azamax kill new growth and slow growth down on new clones? I have a tomato plant that I cloned and noticed some mites on the leaves. I sprayed with azamaz and it seems everything has stopped growing. Not dieing but just stopped growth totaly. Is this from Azamax? Thanks a million!

Comment from pennywize
Time March 16, 2012 at 9:20 am

Hey Jason,
It’s unlikely it’s the AzaMax. It sounds like a nutrient issue, or the plant is simply not healthy due to the mites.

Comment from Nancy
Time May 20, 2012 at 12:32 pm

will Azamax help with tomato hookworms ?

Comment from RF
Time May 21, 2012 at 8:32 am

I want to use this in soil but you say to not mix it with nutrients…does this mean i cant use it as a soil drench because the soil will always be packed with nutrients or am i missing something?
Also is it really necessary to ph the foliar spray?

Comment from CocoMatt
Time May 22, 2012 at 8:19 am

Yes, the Azamax will work well with tomato hookworms. I recommend 15mls per gallon as a foliar application, or 20mls as a soil drench.

Comment from CocoMatt
Time May 22, 2012 at 10:05 am

RF- Great questions. Use Azamax as as soil drench when you would preform a flush or regular rinse of your plants. Mix 10-15mls per gallon and pour directly into your soil. As far as foliar and PH – the product is most stable and available for uptake at a PH range of 5.5-6.5 so I would recommend being in this range for best results.

Comment from Tracy
Time May 24, 2012 at 7:45 am

I just purchased some azamax to use on outdoor tomatoes and roses. Our heat and low humidity this year has been horrible. Humidity is at 4%!
My pH of my water is pretty high, around 8. How much vinegar should I use per gallon?
Can I mix azamax with kelp or fish emulsion? How about molasses? Would a little soap help sticking/spreading?

Comment from pennywize
Time May 24, 2012 at 9:08 am

Use enough vinegar to drop the ph to at least 6. It’s best not to mix it with other products but a little bit of soap is fine a s a spreader/sticker.

Comment from Poe
Time June 15, 2012 at 4:58 pm

So Azamax can be used just a few days after burning sulphur? I’ve got a few spider mites and want to get the issue under control. However, powdery mildew is terrible where I live so I have to burn sulphur. Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Comment from pennywize
Time June 19, 2012 at 2:18 pm

You should wait at least 5 days after burning sulfur before applying AzaMax.

Comment from Poe
Time June 24, 2012 at 6:57 am

So, how long after I spray Azamax should I wait before burning sulphur again?

Comment from pennywize
Time June 28, 2012 at 9:33 am

You should wait at least seven days after applying Azamax before burning sulfur.

Comment from jake
Time July 5, 2012 at 5:09 am

have a couple questions, what strength would you recommend for a mite infestation(its not all that bad right now, but i wanna stop it before it gets worse. is soil drench effective for mites(i doubt it) and how often would you figure applying this for mites? one more Q haha, if i mix this in my spray bottle, is it useless after 24 hrs?. Please help!

Comment from pennywize
Time July 5, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Use 30 ml/gal for the soil drench and 15 ml/gal for the foliar application. Yes, it is effective on mites when applied to the soil. However, it is more effective as a foliar spray for pest that live in the canopy of the plant. Azamax is not viable after 8 hours prior to being mixed with water.

Pingback from Northern Lights x Widow – Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout – Page 56
Time September 25, 2012 at 8:38 am

[...] have something feeding on Cindys roots..i would suggest using this…as a spray and soil drench…Azamax Kills spidermites in indoor gardens | GrowGH Blog…it won't hurt to try this..Azamax won't hurt [...]

Comment from Oregonic
Time September 30, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I’ve been using AzaMax on my indoor garden from day 1 of veg, all the way up through what is now 6 weeks of veg and going to be entering the flowering stage very shortly. Very bad problem with spidermites in my area this year, so wanted to prevent them from the beginning to avoid any problems. I’ve been using as a foliar treatment in strengths starting at 15ml/gal and now up to 30ml/gal. I guess I didn’t thoroughly read the directions, as I have not been lowering the ph of the water to 5.5 like I’ve seen stated here in the comments. After dechlorinating my tap water through bubbling with an airstone, my ph is right around neutral at 7. My first question is, how much does this reduce the effectiveness of AzaMax? Have I wasted this product and am now actually vulnerable to an infestation when I thought my garden was protected? I have not spotted a single spidermite, let alone any pest aside from a few straggling fungus gnats, but now headed into flower I want to be as sure as possible. Next question is, is it necessary to dechlorinate the water before adding AzaMax? I always dechlorinate my tap water before adding organic nutes/watering my organic “soiless” medium, but was just curious. I suppose I have one more question, how much of a concern is there of plugging the leaves stomatas if not rinsing off 12-24 hours after the application? I’ve always applied every 5-7 days, but never rinsed due to the hearsay of “no need to rinse while using this product.” The only time that I have “rinsed” would be with weekly foliar feedings, usually alternating half-weeks with AzaMax treatments. My apologies for the long comment/question, and I thank you for your time and information in advance. Thanks!

Comment from pennywize
Time October 11, 2012 at 11:39 am

It sounds like Azamax is working great for you. I wouldn’t continue with foliar applications at this point. You can apply it to the root zone at this point once a week at a rate of 10 ml/gal and it will work systemically. The leaf stomata can get clogged but because you are discontinuing the foliar applications, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Comment from dee
Time October 22, 2012 at 10:05 am

I fed Azamax at 4ml/quart as a root drench. How long does it take for the plant to be fully protected from spider mites?

Comment from Robert Watanabe
Time March 23, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Please clarify how much Azamax to mix with 1 qt. of water for foliar spray.

Comment from hydromonkee
Time March 25, 2013 at 10:39 am

7.5ml per quart

Comment from Bobby S.
Time April 18, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Hi there I’m currently using Azamax Spray Bottle, I wanted to spray my indoor plants and was wondering if the liquid were to hit the soil by accident while spraying, would it do any harm to the soil?

Thanks,
Bobby

Comment from hydromonkee
Time April 19, 2013 at 8:20 am

Azamax will not harm the soil. It can be used as a root drench as well as a foliar spray.

Comment from Caryn
Time April 21, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Hi there! I have spider mites on my egg plants, can I use this product on outdoor gardens?

Comment from hydromonkee
Time April 22, 2013 at 11:53 am

Yes, you can use Azamax weekly on your outdoor garden at a rate of 15ml/gal to control a wide range of pests including spider mites. Make sure you get complete coverage of the plant including the undersides of the leaves.

Comment from Amy Reed
Time April 25, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Can I use Azamax on a blooming blueberry bush? The berries are still green.

Comment from hydromonkee
Time April 26, 2013 at 8:06 am

Amy, you can absolutely use AzaMax on your blueberries at this point.

Comment from LouAnne
Time May 27, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Aphids in the greenhouse. I have used organic sprays and they are not working. Will Azamax do the trick? My plants are big so it would be hard to completly cover them with spray.

Comment from sara
Time June 28, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Can I mix asamaz and been oil together in the same bottle so I can get ride of spider mites, gnats and also powder mildew?

Comment from hydromonkee
Time July 23, 2013 at 10:23 am

Sara,
As far as I know, you can mix those two products together. You may want to do a fresh water rinse the following day so the oils don’t clog the leaf stomata.

Write a comment

Hot Topics

Community Festivals floraseries Flowers Food general hydroponics generalhydroponics general organics Greenhouse growing hydro hydroponics information nutrients Organics plants products Systems veggies video